Markus Tönjann is a Certified Specialist Lawyer (Fachanwalt) for Employment Law, advising employers, management and directors as well as employees, works councils and public authorities. He negotiates redundancy programmes (including balancing of interests agreements and social plans) and handles all employment law matters related to business asset transfers under the German implementation of the Acquired Rights Directive. Markus also advices on employment matters related to business succession. He represents clients in and out of court including but not limited to disputes regarding the dismissal of employees as well as the termination of the engagement of directors.
- Certified Specialist Lawyer (Fachanwalt) for Labour Law
- Admission as a lawyer in 2002
- Trainee Lawyer (Rechtsreferendar) at the Court of Duisburg
- Law degree of the University of Münster
- Apprenticeship in banking (Bankkaufmann)
- Lawyer at the law firm Wurl Klein, Düsseldorf, 2002-2010
- Member of the network „Company Succession“ (Unternehmensnachfolge) of the Ministry for Commerce, SMEs and Energy of the State of Northrhine-Westphalia (Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Mittelstand und Energie des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen)